Re: timestamp('01/12/01') doesn't work in 7.2 beta4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: timestamp('01/12/01') doesn't work in 7.2 beta4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall@westcountrypublications.co.uk> writes:
>     The timestamp('25/12/01') would return a timestamp in 7.1, how ever
> in 7.2 beta 4 select "timestamp"('25/12/01') is needed, although select
> timestamptz('25/12/01') works. Is this change intentional and if so is there
> a way of getting the old functionality to work?

I'm afraid you're stuck.  TIMESTAMP(n) is now a type name, per SQL92
standard, and getting the parser to treat TIMESTAMP(somethingotherthan
anintegerconstant) as a function call instead does not seem real
practical.

The only bright spot is that as we get closer to full SQL92 compliance,
these sorts of gotchas should become less frequent.  But this one is
surely not the last.

Сообщение: Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql