Re: Visual query builder for PosgreSQL?

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: Visual query builder for PosgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(2013/02/08 20:37), Russell Keane wrote:
>> I'm looking for some good visual query builder which can be used by non-tech people for some ETL tasks. Do you have
anyrecommendation?

>> Now, we're moving our data from Excel to PostgreSQL to deal with large amount of data, and we need to process some
ETLtasks, with using JOIN and GROUP BY between tables, up to 10 tables on it.

>> Of course, I can write ad-hoc queries by myself. However, I'd like to allow non-tech people to issue ad-hoc queries
withusing some visual query builder.

>> I have already looked a query builder feature in pgAdminIII, but I'm not sure whether I can use GROUP BY with it.
>>
>> Do you have any experience or recommendation about visual query builder for PostgreSQL?
>
> You can do joins in the PGAdmin3 query builder but I'm fairly sure you can't do group by's.
>
> Apparently, SQL Manager from here:
> http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/postgresql/manager/
> Has a "Visual query builder allowing you to build complicated queries without any knowledge of SQL syntax"

Thanks.
I have started trying "SQL Query for PostgreSQL" from EMS, the company
provides SQL Manager. I think "SQL Query" is the subset of the
SQL Manager, and would be suitable for our purpose.
(and a bit cheaper :)

> I may be shot for even suggesting this (and it is a bit of a hassle) but you could recreate your table structure in
MSAccess and use its graphical query builder to generate your SQL. It does allow for group by's, counts, etc.

Yeah, I will also look at MS Access as a query builder, although I'm not
familiar with the software so far.

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp>
Uptime Technologies, LLC. http://www.uptime.jp

От: Cochise Ruhulessin
Сообщение: Re: Immutable functions, Exceptions and the Query Optimizer
От: Satoshi Nagayasu
Сообщение: Re: Visual query builder for PosgreSQL?