Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 02/13/2013 05:30 PM, Dan Kogan wrote:
> Just to be clear - I was describing the current situation in our production.
>
> We were running pgbench on different Ununtu versions today.  I don’t have 12.04 setup at the moment, but I do have
12.10,which seems to be performing about the same as 12.04 in our tests with pgbench.
> Running pgbench with 8 jobs and 32 clients resulted in load average of about 15 and TPS was 51350.

What size database?

> Question - how many cores does your server have?  Ours has 8 cores.

32

I suppose I could throw multiple pgbenches at it.  I just dont' see the
load numbers as unusual, but I don't have a similar pre-12.04 server to
compare with.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Ireneusz Pluta
Сообщение: Re: Surprising no use of indexes - low performance
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Surprising no use of indexes - low performance