Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 02/12/2013 05:28 PM, Dan Kogan wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Yes, I think we've seen some discussions on that.  Our servers our hosted on Amazon Ec2 and upgrading the kernel does
notseem so straight forward.
> We did a benchmark using pgbench on 3.5 vs 3.2 and saw an improvement.  Unfortunately our production server would not
bootoff 3.5 so we had to revert back to 3.2.

> At this point we are contemplating whether it's better to go back to 11.04 or upgrade to 12.10 (which comes with
kernelversion 3.5).
> Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

I have a machine running the same version of Ubuntu.  I'll run some
tests and tell you what I find.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Yetkin Öztürk
Сообщение: Re: connection poolers' db connections
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04