Re: Timestamp vs. Java Date/Timestamp

От dmp
Тема Re: Timestamp vs. Java Date/Timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I agree that more things would break then fix. setDate() should
not be used to fill a PostgreSQL TIMESTAMP data type field.

It is fine to use in the application java.util.Date, but then just
convert it to the TIMESTAMP type for PostgreSQL in setTimeStamp() by
using java.util.Date.getTime(). Insure the format is correct though
with a SimpleDateFormat.

Timestamp With Time Zone, timestamptz, can also be handle exactly the
same way by just using the formatter to include a time zone.

SimpleDateFormat timeStampFormat;
java.sql.Timestamp dateTimeValue;
java.util.Date dateParse;

timeStampFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-DD HH:mm:ss z");
dateParse = timeStampFormat.parse("2008-12-30 15:16:08 MST");
dateTimeValue = new java.sql.Timestamp(dateParse.getTime());
prepared_sqlStatement.setTimestamp(i++, dateTimeValue);

danap