Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC

От Seamus Abshere
Тема Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC
Дата
Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I agree it's pretty dumb that there's currently no such escape. I think JDBC inherited that design mistake from ODBC.
Fixingthat would be a good idea.

Lance Anderson, Oracle's JDBC spec lead, says [1] we can implement
something like:
    SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE data {postgres qm} 'abc'

Thanks to Mark Rotteveel for driving the discussion. [2]

> That said, it occurs to me that there's one fairly simple thing we could also do in the backend. At the moment,
unlikefunction and table names, operators cannot be quoted. It would be easy to allow this in the grammar:

> select 1 operator("+") 1;

I guess I see 2 simple options and 1 complex option:

a) [simple] operator("+") per Heikki
b) [simple, but not popular] alias ? to ~ per Seamus
c) [complex] {postgres blah} per Lance/Mark

How to decide?

Best,
Seamus

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdbc-spec-discuss/2013-February/000058.html
[2]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdbc-spec-discuss/2013-February/date.html#51
(threaded view gets it out of order)

--
Seamus Abshere
seamus@abshere.net

От: David E. Wheeler
Сообщение: Re: JSON Function Bike Shedding
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC