Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?

От Jeffrey Jones
Тема Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?
Дата
Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?  (Jeffrey Jones <jjones@toppan-f.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello Devrim

I have run the commands as you specified but unfortunately the error
pops up again when I run yum makecache.

I have tried this on two separately built VMs, the exact details are:

RHEL 6.3 (64 bit)
Registered with RedHat using subscription-manager
rhel-server-optional-rpms subscribed
Epel repository added via rpm
postgres repository added via rpm

I cannot believe that the other repositories would have an effect but
for the sake of completeness I thought I should list em.

I have tried running the makecache command with the debug flag but I
cannot get further useful information from what has been written already.

Is there a way I can get the metadata file directly so we can see the
raw file and compare it?

Thanks

Jeff

On 13/02/13 17:10, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 12:03 +0900, Jeffrey Jones wrote:
>
>> As I can tell the PostgreSQL 9.2 yum repository for use with RHEL6
>> (64bit) is broken.
>>
>> On a fresh RHEL6.3 (64-bit) installation, as root, run the following
>> commands:
>>
>> rpm -i
>> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-redhat92-9.2-7.noarch.rpm
>> yum update
>>
>> (As stated in the instructions on
>> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/)
>>
>> The yum update command fails with the following message (had to copy by
>> hand; please forgive formatting strangeness):
>>
>> pgdg92                    | 2.8 kb 00:00
>> pgdg92/primary_db | 103 kb 00:00
>> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
>> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>> Trying other mirror
> That should not happen, and I could not reproduce this in build
> machines, staging machine and my own machine. Still, I refreshed
> metadata cache. Could you please run
>
> yum clean all; yum makecache
>
> and then install the package? Between Saturday and Tuesday, I added
> various new packages to the repository several times. You were probably
> caught between them.
>
> Regards,

Сообщение: Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?
Сообщение: Re: 9.2 RHEL6 yum Repository broken?