Re: ESC closes window without warning

От Michal Kozusznik
Тема Re: ESC closes window without warning
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
> That's basically what the patch I posted does. The problem is that the
> base class doesn't have any knowledge of what controls are on an
> instantiated dialogue, or how to test if they've been changed from
> whatever the default is (for new objects) or from whatever pgObject
> derived object exists for edits.
>
> The only way I can see to do this is to write a function for each
> individual dialogue that can compare the values of each control to the
> defaults or an existing object - pretty similar to what CheckChange()
> already does - the difference being that it is validating as well.

Couldn't method from base class scan all associated editable UI elements
(members of the window) and store their values just after window opening?
Also, I believe there must be some event fired on closing window, also
processed by this base class. It's good place to do comparison.
Just ideas. I'm sure you know the architecture better.

with regards.