Re: Facing authentication error on postgres 9.2 -> dblink functions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Facing authentication error on postgres 9.2 -> dblink functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/06/2013 08:09 AM, Dev Kumkar wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am using postgres 9.2 and when executing function dblink facing a
> fatal error while trying to execute dblink_connect as follows:
>
> /SELECT * FROM dblink_connect('host=127.0.0.1 port=5432
> dbname=postgres password=test')/
>
> *ERROR*: could not establish connection DETAIL: FATAL: password
> authentication failed for user "NETWORK SERVICE"
>
> What this error is related to? Do I need to modify pg_hba.conf file by
> any chance?
>
> Thanks..

Do NOT send questions to multiple lists. That is a waste of everybody's
time. So do NOT follow up this email. This question belongs on
pgsql-general. If you have further questions pleease ask there.

The short answer is that you need to provide the user name in your
connect string.

cheers

andrew