Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA can't be run in in pl/pgsql due to INTO

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA can't be run in in pl/pgsql due to INTO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Currently pl/pgsql interprets the mandatory INTO of IMPORT FOREIGN
> SCHEMA as INTO variable.

Ugh, that's definitely a bug.

> I estimate this to be minor oversight in
> pl/pgsql parsing with respect to the introduction of this statement.

While we can certainly hack it by something along the lines of not
recognizing INTO when the first token was IMPORT, the whole thing
seems awfully messy and fragile.  And it will certainly break again
the next time somebody decides that INTO is le mot juste in some new
SQL command.  I wish we could think of a safer, more future-proof
solution.  I have no idea what that would be, though, short of
deprecating INTO altogether.