Re: setTimestamp(int, Timestamp, Calendar) ignoring time zone?

От Ian Pilcher
Тема Re: setTimestamp(int, Timestamp, Calendar) ignoring time zone?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 02/04/2013 04:40 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> What is the underlying data type ? Timestamp with timezone or without ?

Dave -

The column type is timestamp *with* time zone.  Your question tends to
confirm what I suspected after re-re-re-reading various bits of Javadoc,
along with this:

  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4B2F2CED.10400@opencloud.com

I.e. when a java.sql.Timestamp is created from a long, it represents an
absolute point in time, so "taking into account a custom timezone"
doesn't make any sense.  I guess that it might makes sense when using a
timestamp without time zone, although, I'm getting a headache just
trying to think through how that might behave.

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
Sometimes there's nothing left to do but crash and burn...or die trying.