Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29.01.2013 11:58, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Can there be another way with which current patch code can be made better,
> so that we don't need to change the encoding approach, as I am having
> feeling that this might not be performance wise equally good.

The point is that I don't want to heap_delta_encode() to know the
internals of pglz compression. You could probably make my patch more
like yours in behavior by also passing an array of offsets in the new
tuple to check, and only checking for matches as those offsets.

- Heikki