Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We already have the ability to configure the Unix socket directory in
> postgresql.conf.  All you need to do is turn that into a list.

Um, no, it's not quite that simple.  In particular, what do you think
should happen on the client side?

I'm inclined to think that we should (continue to) have a hardwired
"primary" directory, which is the one that libpq is also configured
to look in by default.  But we could add a run-time-configured list
of secondary directories to establish sockets in.