Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan15, 2014, at 11:20 , Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2014/1/15 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
> On 1/15/14 7:07 AM, Florian Pflug wrote:
> On Jan15, 2014, at 01:34 , Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> It's me again, trying to find a solution to the most common mistakes I make.  This time it's accidental shadowing of
variables,especially input variables.  I've wasted several hours banging my head against the wall while shouting "HOW
CANTHIS VARIABLE ALWAYS BE NULL?".  I can't believe I'm the only one.  To give you a rough idea on how it works:

> I like this, but think that the option should be just called plpgsql.warnings or plpgsql.warn_on and accept a list of
warningsto enable.

> Hmm.  How about:
>
>   plpgsql.warnings = 'all' # enable all warnings, defauls to the empty list, i.e. no warnings
>   plpgsql.warnings = 'shadow, unused' # enable just "shadow" and "unused" warnings
>   plpgsql.warnings_as_errors = on # defaults to off?
>
> This interface is a lot more flexible and should address Jim's concerns as well.
>
> In this context is not clean if this option is related to plpgsql compile warnings, plpgsql executor warnings or
generalwarnings.

> plpgsql.compile_warnings = "disabled", "enabled", "fatal"

This makes no sense to me - warnings can just as well be emitted during execution. Why would we distinguish the two?
Whatwould that accomplish?

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
От: Mel Gorman
Сообщение: Re: [Lsf-pc] Linux kernel impact on PostgreSQL performance