Re: \d failing to find uppercased object names

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: \d failing to find uppercased object names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/24/2013 08:51 PM, Виктор Егоров wrote:
> 2013/1/24 Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com>:
>> some app created tables ussing uppercase letters in table names (this app
>> was migrated from mysql). One tries to use \d to search tables info:

>> Could this be considered as gotcha?
>>
>> The thing is that Postgres reply is pretty much clear:
>>  > Did not find any relation named "pnct_Board".
>> , but table "pnct_Board" does exist in the system, so Postgres' reply is
>> obviously incorrect.
> Take a look at this section in the docs:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
>
> This is expected behavior.
Yep. You could propose a patch for a case-insensitive modifier for \d,
though I don't know how well it'd be received.

(Or is there a way to do that using psql's wildcards already? In this
simple case \d pnct_* would work, but not in the general case where you
might be looking for TaBLeNAMe)

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Clarification of certain SQLSTATE class