Re: Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc?

От David Geier
Тема Re: Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andres,

> I also couldn't help and hacked a bit on the rdtsc pieces. I did figure out
> how to do the cycles->nanosecond conversion with integer shift and multiply in
> the common case, which does show a noticable speedup. But that's for another
> day.
I also have code for that here. I decided against integrating it because
we don't convert frequently enough to make it matter. Or am I missing
something?
> I fought a bit with myself about whether to send those patches in this thread,
> because it'll take over the CF entry. But decided that it's ok, given that
> David's patches should be rebased over these anyway?
That's alright.
Though, I would hope we attempt to bring your patch set as well as the
RDTSC patch set in.

--
David Geier
(ServiceNow)

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication timeout problem
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)