Re: Tid scan increments value of pg_stat_all_tables.seq_scan. (butnot seq_tup_read)

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Tid scan increments value of pg_stat_all_tables.seq_scan. (butnot seq_tup_read)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/01/29 20:06, Kasahara Tatsuhito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Attached patch solve this problem.
>
> This patch adds table_beginscan_tid() and call it in TidListEval()
> instead of table_beginscan().
> table_beginscan_tid() is the same as table_beginscan() but do not set
> SO_TYPE_SEQSCAN to flags.
>
> Although I'm not sure this behavior is really problem or not,
> it seems to me that previous behavior is more prefer.
>
> Is it worth to apply to HEAD and v12 branch ?

I've not read the patch yet, but I agree that updating only seq_scan
but not seq_tup_read in Tid Scan sounds strange. IMO at least
both should be update together or neither should be updated.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION