Re: Pg_xlog increase due to postgres crash (disk full)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Pg_xlog increase due to postgres crash (disk full)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/22/2013 06:59 AM, Cliff de Carteret wrote:
> Hello, thanks for your response.
>
> The xlogs that are filling up are in the original data directory and the
> wal_keep_segments is commented out on my master and slave postgresql.conf

It is expected that there may a certain increase in WAL files.
  In particular: checkpoint_segments = 16

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-CHECKPOINT-SEGMENTS
"
checkpoint_segments (integer)
Maximum number of log file segments between automatic WAL checkpoints
(each segment is normally 16 megabytes). The default is three segments.
Increasing this parameter can increase the amount of time needed for
crash recovery. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf
file or on the server command line.
"

For more information that explains the above see:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/wal-configuration.html

More questions:

Does it look like any WAL files in the pg_xlog directory are being recycled?

Re your archive error from your previous post, is your archive directory
full?

     Assuming the archive directory is remote, is it reachable?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com