Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request
Дата
Re: Strange Windows problem, lock_timeout test request  (Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/18/2013 05:43 PM, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using the MinGW cross-compiled PostgreSQL binaries from Fedora 18,
> I get the following error for both 32 and 64-bit compiled executables.
> listen_addresses = '*' and "trust" authentication was set for both.
> The firewall was disabled for the tests and the server logs
> "incomplete startup packet".
> The 64-bit version was compiled with my lock_timeout patch, the 32-bit
> was without.
>
> 64-bit, connect to localhost:
>
> C:\Users\Ákos\Desktop\PG93>bin\psql
> psql: could not connect to server: Operation would block
> (0x00002733/10035)
>         Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> could not connect to server: Operation would block (0x00002733/10035)
>         Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and
> accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> 64-bit, connect to own IP:
>
> C:\Users\Ákos\Desktop\PG93>bin\psql -h 192.168.1.4
> psql: could not connect to server: Operation would block
> (0x00002733/10035)
>         Is the server running on host "192.168.1.4" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> 32-bit, connect to own IP:
>
> C:\Users\Ákos\Desktop\PG93-32>bin\psql -h 192.168.1.4
> psql: could not connect to server: Operation would block
> (0x00002733/10035)
>         Is the server running on host "192.168.1.4" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> Does it ring a bell for someone?
>
> Unfortunately, I won't have time to do anything with my lock_timeout
> patch
> for about 3 weeks. Does anyone have a little spare time to test it on
> Windows?
> The patch is here, it still applies to HEAD without rejects or fuzz:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/506C0854.7090008@cybertec.at

Yes it rings a bell. See
<http://people.planetpostgresql.org/andrew/index.php?/archives/264-Cross-compiling-PostgreSQL-for-WIndows.html>

Cross-compiling is not really a supported platform. Why don't you just
build natively? This is know to work as shown by the buildfarm animals
doing it successfully.

cheers

andrew