Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Aug 18, 2018, at 11:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

On 2018-Aug-18, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

On Aug 18, 2018, at 8:52 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

On Aug 18, 2018, at 8:45 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

I am not so sure about v11 as it is very close to release, surely we can
do something for HEAD as that's cosmetic.  Anyway, if something is
proposed, could a patch be posted?  The only patch I am seeing on this
thread refers to improvements for error messages of procedures.

Oops, too much multitasking. I will attach the correct patch when I get home.

Here is the correct patch, sorry about that. This includes aforementioned
tests.

I ran the test without the code change, and it passes.  I don't think
it's testing what you think it is testing.

So I ran the tests against 10.5 unpatched and it failed as expected. I then
ran it against HEAD unpatched and it passed.

Digging into it, it appears the issue was resolved in this commit[1] for 11
and beyond. As the plan is not to backpatch, I’ll withdraw my patch.

Thanks for the help,

Jonathan

Вложения