Re: WIP patch for hint bit i/o mitigation

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: WIP patch for hint bit i/o mitigation
Дата
Re: WIP patch for hint bit i/o mitigation  (Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/14/2012 09:57 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:

>> I need to validate the vacuum results. It's possible that this is
>> solvable by tweaking xmin check inside vacuum. Assuming that's fixed,
>> the question stands: do the results justify the change?  I'd argue
>> 'maybe'
> We can try with change (assuming change is small) and see if the performance
> gain is good, then discuss whether it really justifies.
> I think the main reason for Vacuum performance hit is that in the test pages
> are getting dirty only due to setting of hint bit
> by Vacuum.
>
>> -- I'd like to see the bulk insert performance hit reduced if
>> possible.
> I think if we can improve performance for bulk-insert case, then this patch
> has much more value.
Has there been any movement in this - more benchmarks and data showing
that it really does improve performance, or that it really isn't helpful?

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Patch for removng unused targets
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Passing connection string to pg_basebackup