Re: Re: Slave enters in recovery and promotes when WAL stream with master is cut + delay master/slave

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Re: Slave enters in recovery and promotes when WAL stream with master is cut + delay master/slave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.01.2013 17:42, Andres Freund wrote:
> Ok, the attached patch seems to fix a) and b). c) above is bogus, as
> explained in a comment in the patch.  I also noticed that the TLI check
> didn't mark the last source as failed.

This looks fragile:

>             /*
>              * We only end up here without a message when XLogPageRead() failed
>              * - in that case we already logged something.
>              * In StandbyMode that only happens if we have been triggered, so
>              * we shouldn't loop anymore in that case.
>              */
>             if (errormsg == NULL)
>                 break;

I don't like relying on the presence of an error message to control
logic like that. Should we throw in an explicit CheckForStandbyTrigger()
check in the condition of that loop?

- Heikki