Re: Getting Mysql data into Postgres: least painful methods?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Getting Mysql data into Postgres: least painful methods?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/11/2013 3:54 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
Here's the fuller description of what I'm trying to do.  I've got a dataset (a UMLS Metathesaurus subset) that I need to get into a Postgres database.  It's all reference data, and so will be read-only.  There's no functions or logic involved. I anticipate having to update it at least quarterly, so I'd like to get to a well-grooved import process.

how many tables?  if its just one or a couple tables, can you get the data as CSV?   then it would be trivial to import into postgres, using the COPY command (or, \c from psql)...

another alternative, investigate "ETL" tools, these are general purpose data manglers that can connect to a source database (usually any of about 20 supported), extract data, transform it if needed, and load it into a destination database (from a list of 20 or so typically supported)