Re: json api WIP patch

От james
Тема Re: json api WIP patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The processing functions have been extended to provide populate_record() and populate_recordset() functions.The
latterin particular could be useful in decomposing a piece of json representing an array of flat objects (a fairly
commonpattern) into a set of Postgres records in a single pass.

So this would allow an 'insert into ... select ... from
<unpack-the-JSON>(...)'?

I had been wondering how to do such an insertion efficiently in the
context of SPI, but it seems that there is no SPI_copy equiv that would
allow a query parse and plan to be avoided.

Is this mechanism likely to be as fast as we can get at the moment in
contexts where copy is not feasible?

От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: Set visibility map bit after HOT prune
От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: recent ALTER whatever .. SET SCHEMA refactoring