Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03.01.2013 01:15, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> 2) a new global/stat directory
> ------------------------------
>
> The pgstat.stat file was originally saved into the "global" directory,
> but with so many files that would get rather messy so I've created a new
> global/stat directory and all the files are stored there.
>
> This also means we can do a simple "delete files in the dir" when
> pgstat_reset_all is called.

How about creating the new directory as a direct subdir of $PGDATA,
rather than buried in global? "global" is supposed to contain data
related to shared catalog relations (plus pg_control), so it doesn't
seem like the right location for per-database stat files. Also, if we're
going to have admins manually zapping the directory (hopefully when the
system is offline), that's less scary if the directory is not buried as
deep.

- Heikki