Re: dynamic SQL - possible performance regression in 9.2

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: dynamic SQL - possible performance regression in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/1/13 6:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> > I'm inclined to think that Heikki's patch doesn't go far enough, if we
>> > want to optimize behavior in this case.  What we really want to happen
>> > is that parsing, planning, and execution all happen in the caller's
>> > memory context, with no copying of parse or plan trees at all - and we
>> > could do without overhead such as dependency extraction and invalidation
>> > checking, too.  This would make SPI_execute a lot more comparable to the
>> > behavior of exec_simple_query().
> Here's a draft patch for that.

This didn't make a difference in my test case.  I might have to do some
bisecting to find where the problem was introduced.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"