Re: inconsistent time zone formats in log

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: inconsistent time zone formats in log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
cite="mid:11020.1356798245@sss.pgh.pa.us"type="cite"><pre wrap="">Andres Freund <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:andres@2ndquadrant.com"><andres@2ndquadrant.com></a>writes:
a TimestampTz. Those have completely different code paths for being
printed (pg_strftime vs EncodeDateTime) ...
I don't want to say its impossible or shouldn't be fixed, just that its
not trivial to do so.
Presumably, any fix would involve changing one or the other of those
so that we use only one timestamp representation in xlog.  I'm not
terribly convinced that it's worth worrying about though.  Do we need
microsecond precision in the database start/stop times?
        regards, tom lane

log,while chasing an apparent case of corruption, I would tend to think that the differences in time might be giving me
ahint.  Knowing my luck, that will happen to me in a couple of years, after I've forgotten this email tread!<br /><br