Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Tobias Bussmann
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Skipping hidden files in pg_rewind added as well as tests for all three
> utilities and mentions of this in the docs.  I'll park this in the next
> commitfest for now.

thanks for the update!

I gave the v2 patch a quick review:
* it applies and builds cleanly
* the new TAP tests pass with the changes and fail without
* in a real world test on macOS, the issue with the .DS_Store files on macOS is no longer showing with the patch and
reproduciblewithout
* the documentation changes apply and are understandable. One thing seems to be missing, thus: in
protocol-replication.htmlthe change should be mentioned as well:

> Various temporary files and directories created during the operation of the PostgreSQL server, such as any file or
directorybeginning with pgsql_tmp and temporary relations.

In the attached v3 I propose the following change:

- with <filename>pgsql_tmp</filename> and temporary relations.
+ with <filename>pgsql_tmp</filename>, hidden files and temporary relations.

So beside the documentation detail, +1 from my side.

Best,
Tobias

Вложения

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17911: Database or JDBC Driver Provides Incorrect Type
От: Tobias Bussmann
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files