Re: pgbench help

От Georges Racinet
Тема Re: pgbench help
Дата
Re: pgbench help
Список pgsql-general
On 12/24/2012 08:50 AM, Atri Sharma wrote:
> I have two 9.2 servers running in different data directories and
> installation directories. One of them(the main one) has its bin in the
> path of my system.The other one does not, hence, I need to use the
> complete path(/usr/local/pgsql/...).
>
> I want to run pgbench on the second server. How should I configure
> pgbench to use the second server's psql?
Hi,

I'm by no means an expert in pgbench, but this is client software
relying on libpq.
You can make it work against the secondary server simply by specifying
its port with -p option or PGPORT environment variable.

If that matters, to make sure that the right version of libpq is being
used, you can use LD_LIBRARY_PATH, something like

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/pgsql/lib

ann use if possible the pgbench from the secondary install.

Make sure both servers aren't running at the same time :-)

Regards,