Re: BUG #7760: records with duplicate primary keys

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: BUG #7760: records with duplicate primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 20/12/2012 1:22 AM, acummings@aperiogroup.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7760
> Logged by:          Alan Cummings
> Email address:      acummings@aperiogroup.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.7
> Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 10.04.1
>
> We found 6 duplicated primary keys in a table. All fields were identical in
> the duplicated records, including the primary key. (Total records ~ 22,000).
> We recently updated from 9.1.2 to 9.1.7, so the issue may have been present
> in 9.1.2.
Have you had your database running with fsync=off at any point?

What storage system is the database on? RAID array? If so, details -
drive types, controller if any, writeback/writethrough, BBU enabled,etc?
SSD, and if so which SSD?

Has the DB host unexpectedly powered off or rebooted at any point? This
should never cause a problem unless you run with unsafe settings like
fsync=off, but is important to know.

Did you REINDEX as part of the upgrade to 9.1.7? A corrupt unique index
could hide duplicate records, and a reindex might well cause the problem
to become apparent.

> We have fixed the issue in our table by backing up the table in pgAdmin to a
> plain file, deleting the duplicated records in the text file, then restoring
> the table.
>
> I can send the original backup with the duplicated records if that would be
> helpful -- it is about 11MB.
Is the backup a `pg_dump`? Or a raw copy of the database directory?

The pg_dump output won't usually provide much information, it's the
actual database on disk that's significant.

От: Michael Felt
Сообщение: packaging for AIX - compliments!!
От: mamfelt@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #7771: packaging error causes build failure