Re: Cascading replication: should we detect/prevent cycles?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Cascading replication: should we detect/prevent cycles?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/19/2012 12:34 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> My logic is that if you make a 1 minute test you will notice your
> mistake, which is glaringly obvious. That is sufficient to prevent
> that mistake, IMHO.
>
> If you don't test your config and don't monitor either, good luck with HA.

I am not arguing whether you are right. I am arguing whether or not we
want to shoot all but our experts users in the foot. People make
mistakes, when reasonable we should help them not make those mistakes.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579