Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/2012 02:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2012-12-18 13:24:12 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Does the table being updated have any indexes on enum columns?  I'm
>>> suspicious that the bogus OID is in an index page somewhere, and not
>>> in the table at all.
>> I already wondered whether it could be a problem caused by pg_upgrade
>> not ignoring invalid indexes until recently, but I don't really see how
>> it could cause an invalid oid to end up in the index.
> It seems like this might indicate a flaw in our scheme for preventing
> uncommitted enum values from getting into tables/indexes.  Hard to see
> what though.
>
> Bernhard, if you do identify a particular index as being the source of
> the failure, that would at least tell us for sure which enum type is
> at fault.  I don't suppose you would have any info about the history
> of that enum type in your database?  The fact that the OID is odd
> implies that it belonged to a value that was added by ALTER TYPE ADD
> VALUE, but what we'd want is some context around any past uses of
> that command, especially if they failed or were rolled back.

He's upgrading from 9.0, which didn't have enum extension at all, and
where odd enums didn't mean anything special.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade