Re: PG 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade issues with ownership of large objects

От David Wall
Тема Re: PG 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade issues with ownership of large objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/16/2012 11:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Wall <d.wall@computer.org> writes:
>> In past PG upgrades, we've done a pg_dump on the current version, then a
>> pg_restore on the new version.  But during the 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade (on
>> Linux x64), we ran into issues with the permissions associated with the
>> large objects after the restore.
> Large objects didn't have privileges, nor owners, in 8.4.  If you don't
> feel like fixing your apps right now, you can return to the previous
> behavior by setting the obscurely-named lo_compat_privileges setting in
> postgresql.conf.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks for the information, Tom and Adrian.

I am using the latest JDBC driver and have not noted any other issues
with large objects accessed, created or deleted using the blob
interfaces.  What does fixing an app mean or entail?  We've always
accessed large objects as a simple blob stored and referenced in a table
as an OID with both having the same lifetime.