Re: backend suddenly becomes slow, then remains slow

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: backend suddenly becomes slow, then remains slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/14/2012 02:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@pgexperts.com> writes:
>> One of my clients has an odd problem. Every so often a backend will
>> suddenly become very slow. The odd thing is that once this has happened
>> it remains slowed down, for all subsequent queries. Zone reclaim is off.
>> There is no IO or CPU spike, no checkpoint issues or stats timeouts, no
>> other symptom that we can see. The problem was a lot worse that it is
>> now, but two steps have alleviated it mostly, but not completely: much
>> less aggressive autovacuuming and reducing the maximum lifetime of
>> backends in the connection pooler to 30 minutes.
>> It's got us rather puzzled. Has anyone seen anything like this?
> Maybe the kernel is auto-nice'ing the process once it's accumulated X
> amount of CPU time?

That was my initial thought, but the client said not. We'll check again.

cheers

andrew

От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: Why does the number of rows are different in actual and estimated.
Сообщение: Re: Why does the number of rows are different in actual and estimated.