Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/11/2012 06:04 PM, Niels Kristian Schjødt wrote:

> Maybe I should mention, that I never see more than max 5Gb out of my total 32Gb being in use on the server… Can I
somehowutilize more of it?
For an update-mostly workload it probably won't do you tons of good so
long as all your indexes fit in RAM. You're clearly severely
bottlenecked on disk I/O not RAM.
> The SSD's I use a are 240Gb each which will grow too small within a
> few months - so - how does moving the whole data dir onto four of
> those in a RAID5 array sound?

Not RAID 5!

Use a RAID10 of four or six SSDs.

Сообщение: Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem?
Сообщение: Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem?