Re: initdb.c::main() too large

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: initdb.c::main() too large
Дата
Re: initdb.c::main() too large
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/30/2012 04:45 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:12:23PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> In looking to add an fsync-only option to initdb, I found its main()
>> function to be 743 lines long, and very hard to understand.
>>
>> The attached patch moves much of that code into separate functions,
>> which will make initdb.c easier to understand, and easier to add an
>> fsync-only option.  The original initdb.c author, Andrew Dunstan, has
>> accepted the restructuring, in principle.
> Applied.

Sorry I didn't have time to review this before it was applied.

A few minor nitpicks:
 * process() is a fairly uninformative function name, not sure what I'd   call it, but something more descriptive. *
thesetup_signals_and_umask() call and possibly the final message   section of process() would be better placed back in
main()IMNSHO. * the large statements for setting up the datadir and the xlogdir   should be factored out of process()
intotheir own functions, I   think. That would make it much more readable.

cheers

andrew