Re: Optimize update query

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Optimize update query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hmm - not strictly true as stated: 1 SSD will typically do 500MB/s
sequential read/write. 1 HDD will be lucky to get a 1/3 that.

We are looking at replacing 4 to 6 disk RAID10 arrays of HDD with a
RAID1 pair of SSD, as they perform about the same for sequential work
and vastly better at random. Plus they only use 2x 2.5" slots (or, ahem
2x PCIe sockets), so allow smaller form factor servers and save on power
and cooling.

Cheers

Mark