Re: Bizarre delays in mailing list messages

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Bizarre delays in mailing list messages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 10/20/2012 04:12 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> 2012-10-17 16:39:48 1TOWeq-0004di-GZ no immediate delivery: load average 10.54
>
>> This is not specific to pgsql-committers in any way; I see a lot of
>> messages delayed like that at particular points in time.  When we did
>> the migration, we discussed the idea of having a secondary delivery
>> helper server, but in the interest of keeping things simple we stayed
>> away from it then.  We will need to discuss it to figure out the best
>> way to deal with it.
>
> Can you simply bump that limit up for now? Unless this is a single-CPU
> box, 10 is really not so high of a load that I would think it needs
> to start delaying messages.

as an update to this - the problem itself still exists(though as we
think in a more limited form) but we are starting to get a handle on
what exactly triggers the problem, which might help in
diagnosing^understanding it fully.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: