Re: shared_buffers on ubuntu precise

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: shared_buffers on ubuntu precise
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/30/2012 01:57 PM, Ben Chobot wrote:

> Hm, this sounds like something we should look into. Before we start
> digging do you have more to share, or did you leave it with the "huh,
> that's weird; this seems to fix it" solution?

We're still testing. We're still on the -31 kernel. We tried the -33
kernel which *might* fix it, but then this happened:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1084264

So now we're testing -34 which is currently proposed. Either way, it's
pretty clear that Ubuntu's choice of patches to backport is rather
eclectic and a little wonky, or that nailing down load calculations went
awry since the NOHZ stuff started, or both. At this point, I wish we'd
stayed on CentOS.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534