Re: When does CLUSTER occur?

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: When does CLUSTER occur?
Дата
Re: When does CLUSTER occur?  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 11/29/2012 11:28 AM, Mike Christensen wrote:

> It's always kinda annoyed me that the CLUSTER command in Postgres
> doesn't work like it does on Microsoft SQL.

It's a natural side-effect of MVCC, unfortunately. Data goes wherever it
goes according to the free space map, or at the end if there are no free
blocks in the table.

I guess that's one thing rollback segments are good for. In-place
modifications of data so order can be maintained.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534