Re: Copy rows, remember old and new pkey

От Vlad K.
Тема Re: Copy rows, remember old and new pkey
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/26/2012 07:15 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I don't think you need a CTE or a loop unless you want to delete the
> old rows.  Why not (hard to say exactly how it will work):
> INSERT INTO a(old_id, new_id, ...)
> SELECT id, new_id(), ...
> from a;
> ?

Well, the table A, in which I'm copying rows, does not have old_id,
new_id, just a primary key, so the idea is to link original pkey and new
pkey separately. Adding new_id to the table is not an option, besides
what would new_id() stand for?

But thanks for the suggestion.

--

.oO V Oo.