Re: Using Postgresql 9.2 on windows 7 and windows vista

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Using Postgresql 9.2 on windows 7 and windows vista
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/14/2012 11:13 AM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 14/11/2012 17:19, D T wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going to use PostgreSQL 9.2 with my application which runs on
>> Windows 7/WIndows Visa 64 bit OS. Since these platforms are not
>> officially supported by PostgreSQL, can i go ahead and use PostgreSQL on
>> these platform?
> Are they not? I didn't know that. Ignorance evidently is bliss - I have
> 8.4, 9.1 (64-bit) and 9.2 (64-bit) happily running on my Windows 7 laptop.

Well, to be pedantic, I don't think that PostgreSQL is "officially
supported" at all regardless of platform. The open-source community
provides the source code and wonderful on-line support from users and
developers but pre-compiled binaries are typically contributed by a
variety of commercial and non-commercial packagers (BSD ports,
EnterpriseDB, Martin Pitt for the Debian/Ubuntu packages, etc.).

However the "about" page does say that PostgreSQL "runs on all major
operating systems, including Linux, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Mac
OS X, Solaris, Tru64), and Windows."

Cheers,
Steve

От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql 9.2 on windows 7 and windows vista
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: How do query optimizers affect window functions