Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)

От Lists
Тема Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/09/2012 05:26 PM, Steve Crawford wrote:
> Bloat in pg_attribute would correlate with A) (or any constant
> creation/destruction of tables). You can vacuum and/or reindex the
> system tables if you are connected as the superuser but you are better
> off preventing bloat by appropriate adjustment of your configuration
> settings. However note that if you do frequent bulk
> creation/destruction of tables you could end up bloating the attribute
> table between vacuum runs and may need to periodically manually shrink
> it.

Steve,

Our system divides customers into distinct databases, however customers
are often clustered. (Think: different locations of 7/11) and so we have
to aggregate data from different databases. We do this with dblink to
get the data and temp tables to collate it, which appears to be a cause
of the bloat we're seeing.

-Ben