Re: HT on or off for E5-26xx ?

От David Boreham
Тема Re: HT on or off for E5-26xx ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/8/2012 6:58 AM, Shaun Thomas wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 09:16 PM, David Boreham wrote:
>
>> bash-4.1$ /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pgbench -T 600 -j 48 -c 48
>
> Unfortunately without -S, you're not really testing the processors. A
> regular pgbench can fluctuate a more than that due to writing and
> checkpoints.
Hmm...my goal was to test with a workload close to our application's
(which is heavy OLTP, small transactions and hence sensitive to I/O
commit rate).
The hypothesis I was testing was that enabling HT positively degrades
performance (which in my case it does not). I wasn't to be honest really
testing the additional benefit from HT, rather observing that it is
non-negative :)

If I have time I can run the select-only test for you and post the
results. The DB fits into memory so it will be a good CPU test.

От: Shaun Thomas
Сообщение: Re: HT on or off for E5-26xx ?
От: Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
Сообщение: Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2