Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage

От Lists
Тема Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff, thanks for the feedback!

On 11/05/2012 08:51 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> My first guesses would be things that are not directly under the
> databases control, such as:
>
> 1) your server logs are accumulating and you aren't doing anything about them

I'm guessing that this is not the case:

[root@delta data]# du -shc *  | grep -i log
47M     pg_clog
15M     pg_log
641M    pg_xlog

> 2) you are taking backup snapshots to somewhere in that directory and
> not cleaning them up

Our backup snapshots (taken with pg_dump) are taken on a different
server over the network. Dumps are made several times during each day.
Could this be part of the problem if (somehow) they didn't complete? And
if so, would there be some cleanup I'd have to do other than restarting PG?

> 3) your archive_command is failing (which you should see reports of in
> the server logs) and so you are accumulating xlog files.

As I understand things, the result above under 1) demonstrates that
this, also, is not the cause.