Re: Question about data corruption issue of 9.1 (pre 9.1.6)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Question about data corruption issue of 9.1 (pre 9.1.6)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/06/2012 03:00 PM, Denis Gasparin wrote:
p { margin: 0; }

Hi to all.

We have a 9.1.5 production database that never crashed and today we upgraded it to 9.1.6.

The question: do we need to follow the vacuum/reindex procedure (as specified here http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20120924updaterelease) even if the database never crashed?
Based on the wiki, I'd say the answer is "no" if your DB was never shut down for any of the listed causes.

It's pretty clear that if it always flushed buffers cleanly then it'll be fine.

--
Craig Ringer