Re: Hypothetical indexes using BRIN broken since pg10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hypothetical indexes using BRIN broken since pg10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-Jun-27, Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, the proposed patch doesn't seem to me like it adds much more
>> BRIN-specific knowledge to brincostestimate than is there already.

> It's this calculation that threw me off:
>     statsData.revmapNumPages = (indexRanges / REVMAP_PAGE_MAXITEMS) + 1;
> ISTM that selfuncs has no reason to learn about revmap low-level
> details.

Um ... it's accounting for revmap pages already (which is why it needs
this field set), so hasn't that ship sailed?

Сообщение: Re: Hypothetical indexes using BRIN broken since pg10
Сообщение: Re: Hypothetical indexes using BRIN broken since pg10