Unexplained Major Vacuum Archive Activity During Vacuum

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Unexplained Major Vacuum Archive Activity During Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey guys,

I don't notice any errors, which just makes this even more strange. But
after weeks of operating normally, our 10pm manual vacuum job generated
transaction logs basically equivalent to 3/4 of our database, and I
can't find any explanation. This amount is about 6x higher than usual.

Before I go crazy and tear the box apart, does anyone know of some
internal change that may cause intermittent marking of pages to increase
without related database activity?

Or did I just vacuum a database with a corrupt CPU or piece of RAM? (Let
me say again, I see no errors anywhere in the database logs.)

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534