Re: role does not exist

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: role does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/31/2012 03:54 PM, Kevin Burton wrote:
> I have successfully installed PostgreSQL on a Ubuntu Linux machine.
> However right off the bat I type ‘psql’ and I get the error: ‘role
> “xxxx” does not exist’. Where xxx is the user name logged in. How do I
> overcome this hurdle. Right now all of our data is on a Windows SQL
> Server. Can someone give me step by step directions on how to import the
> databases from SQL Server. Actually I only want a few tables in the
> database. Hints?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-psql.html

Usage

Connecting to a Database

"The default user name is your Unix user name, as is the default
database name.

To specify a user other than your system user name:

"
-U username
--username=username
Connect to the database as the user username instead of the default.
(You must have permission to do so, of course.)"

This assumes you have that user set up. Otherwise see:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-createuser.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com