Re: Request for help with slow query

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Request for help with slow query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/29/2012 12:25 PM, Woolcock, Sean wrote:

> I thought that an index was implicitly created for foreign keys, but I see that that's not true. I've just created
onenow and re-ran the query but it did not change the query plan or run time.

1. Explain analyze, not explain please

Check to see if estimated rows differs wildly from actual.

2. Seriously... 8.1? That is not supported. Please upgrade to a
supported version of PostgreSQL.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

3. Simple things:

  A. Have you run analyze on the two tables?
  B. What is your default_statistics_target?

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

От: "Woolcock, Sean"
Сообщение: Re: Request for help with slow query
От: Shaun Thomas
Сообщение: Re: Request for help with slow query